Julie Andrews sang in The Sound of Music
Raindrops on roses
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things
2. Wendy Braun http://actorinspiration.com/ Wendy taught me the number one key to booking more work as an actor…Through her guided meditation and visualization audios I have aligned my mind and learned to let go and be even more present in audition rooms and tame the critical voice within me that says, “I am not enough.” Wendy is living proof that when we get inspired, feel confident and step into the spotlight of who we truly are, we can create success!
4. Crystal Carson http://www.crystalcarson.com/ I recently discovered Crystal and I am so grateful for that referral. She has helped me tremendously coach for specific roles that had me stuck. She helps actors find the heart and soul of the character and accept the circumstances as your own truth. To me, she is magical and I am thankful she shares her gifts and talents with us actors.
5. Taylor Loeb http://miragetaping.com/ My high booking rate for self tape auditions is thanks to Taylor. Not only does she provide an incredible professional studio to tape your audition, her love of story and imagination helps you create the perfect tape to send. She will sit with you afterwards and decide the best take to send and since she is a professional actor and indie casting director, you are getting top level expertise from an actor who gets it.
6. TV Academy https://www.emmys.com/ For years, I thought you had to own an Emmy to be a member. Not the case. I have been an active voting member of the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences for years now and it is such a blessing. As a member, we are actually voting for the Emmys every year, invited to powerful networking events with fellow members and invited with a guest to all the Emmy nominated events by each specific network. The relationships I have made through the Academy are incredible and I am so grateful someone told me about this, so that’s why I am telling you.
7. Robert Campbell http://www.quicknickel.com/ For as long as I can remember Robert has been editing my reel. He is affordable and easy to work with and he knows exactly how to have your reel, be about YOU! Not the other actor, that we think is so famous. Yes, keep them in the reel, but it’s still YOUR reel.
8. Darrin Van Gorder www.dvgphotography.com Darrin has been shooting my head shots for as long as I can remember and he has such an eye for detail. He was a scientist for 7 years of his life and it shows in his incredible art. He uses only the best equipment as well as the best and latest software. He will help you create a vision for your career.
9. Lewis Smith https://www.lewissmithacademy.com This is a rare experience for the working actor. It is not your average scene study acting class but this class sets you up to be on set. The environment is run like a set and the training is all on camera so you are learning situational training to become master story tellers. You receive your footage after every class so you can constantly study your work on camera.
10. Face Forward https://www.faceforwardla.org I am on the board of a non-profit called FACE FORWARD. Although this has nothing to do with acting, it has made me an even better person to support a cause that matters to me. Face Froward provides reconstructive surgery to survivors of domestic violence pro bono. Through my contacts, I have raised over $55,000 this year for the cause and that is by far one of my most important accomplishments of 2017. If you don’t have a cause that matters to you, I feel it is as important as a great acting class!
If you found this list helpful, please let me know, love to hear from you!
Here’s to forming your tribe and going out in the world and sharing who you are and all the people, places and things that make you thrive.